Experiment 4 - Growing Kits
The original guidelines for this experiment stated that I must grow something from two small growing kits by Valentine’s Day, 2012. This particular experiment was postponed due to poor weather, however, and the growing kits were saved for a later time.
Now, all current and future prefabricated growing kits obtained by Garden Science will be labeled as experiment 4, and their progress will be charted here. The only exception to this is the Poinsettia in a Can experiment, which shall remain “Experiment 3.”
● Follow the instructions provided with the growing kit(s).
● Attempt to achieve success with as many grow kits as possible, to as great a degree as possible.
1. Each plant must be grown according to the instructions provided with each grow kit.
2. To begin with, only the official “growing medium” provided with each kit can be used as soil, and only the pots originally provided can be used to grow each plant in.
3. The plants may only be transplanted when they outgrow their pots, or when they become the designated “transplant” size as may be dictated by the official instructions.
4. At the point of transplant, more soil may be added and a new pot may be used.
1. Failure - Nothing grows from the kit.
2. Mild Success - Something grows from the kit.
3. Great Success - The plant in the kit grows large enough for transplant.
Click below to choose an individual post:
- Post 1 - Love is in the Air (already)
- Post 2 - Valentine’s Flowers (experiment guidelines)
- Post 3 - Coolest dirt ever
- Post 4 - January Update
- Post 5 - March Extravaganza Post
- Post 6 - Growing Kits (modification/update)
- Post 7 - Giant grow kit post
- Post 8 - Untitled photo post (cactus kit)
- Post 9 - Strawberry kit question
- Post 10 - Experiment 4 is totally triumphant
- Post 11 - Another strawberry kit comment
- Post 12 - Experiment 4 makes some new friends
- Post 13 - Planting fireworks
- Post 14 - Patriotic update
- Post 15 - August 2012 Update
- Cactus-from-seed kit
- Beefsteak tomato kit
- Basil kit
- Cilantro kit
- July 4th Daisy kit
- July 4th strawberry kit
- Valentine’s Day forget-me-not-kit
- (none currently)
- Valentine’s Day strawberry kit